Are you looking for the best WordPress plugins to start a blog? Plugins let you add great features and functionality to your blog, without having to write any code.
Have you ever wondered what are the best WordPress plugins for blogs? It is almost certain that it has come to your mind if you have a blog or want to start a blog. Along with a large variety of WordPress blog themes for design, there are also WordPress plugins for blogs to help with its functionalities.
Blogs are one of the most popular and important types of websites as they help you to promote your business and interact with your visitors. But, you will need to make them as effective as possible. Fortunately, there are many WordPress plugins for blogs to help you with it which we will be listing in this article.
Why Use WordPress Blog Plugins for your Blogs?
In WordPress, we all know plugins are one of the major components that adds functionality to your website. Hence adding some of the best WordPress plugins for blogs will definitely help it grow and reach out more.
Most of the plugins used for blogs can generally be used for any other websites too. But, there are some plugins that are must-have for a blog. These plugins can really enhance the appearance and user experience for your readers.
Now, let’s go through the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
What are the Best WordPress Plugins for Blogs?
1. Everest Forms:
While publishing blogs, readers might sometimes be eager to contact you to ask you some questions about it. So, if you want, you might need to make a contact form and Everest Forms is one of the best plugins for blogs to add a form.
This plugin has a very user-friendly interface for customizations equipped with drag and drop fields. You can add an unlimited number of forms with multiple column support. The forms that you’ve created are also fully responsive and can be used on any portable devices like mobile phones and tablets.
- Shortcode to help add the forms in WordPress blog post, page, sidebar and more.
- Support from Google ReCaptcha to block the spams.
- Redirect the user to a specific page after form submission.
- View Form entries from the dashboard of your website.
- Editable form validation message.
2. Yoast SEO
If you have a blog, one of the most important factors to grow it is search engine optimization. Yoast SEO is one of the best plugins for blogs regarding when it comes to SEO. It has been trusted by most of the WordPress websites because it’s frequently updated to be compatible with Google algorithms.
Yoast has a lot of features that can make your blog effectively better, and not just SEO. It can optimize your keywords and synonyms too. The plugin also analyzes the readability of your blog and calculates the Flesch Reading Ease score so that your readers can understand your content better.
- Keyword optimization for synonyms and related keywords.
- Full control over breadcrumbs for setting primary categories for posts.
- No duplicate content with the help of canonical URLs.
- Content Insights to check the match for chosen keywords.
- Readability Check from Flesch Reading Ease score.
3. Easy Social Sharing:
Easy Social Sharing is a social media plugin which enables your readers to share the contents of your website in their social media. This plugin would be quite beneficial to your blogs as it can grow the reach of your audience. It is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs when it comes to sharing the contents on social media.
Your content can be shared on up to 18 different social media networks using Easy Social Sharing. This plugin has an inline layout where you can add the sharing button either at the top or at the bottom of the posts. Hence, it can be convenient to place it at desired position depending on the length and layout of your blogs.
- Floating sidebar layout attached and fixed to the screen border.
- Sharing counts to display the number of shares on social media.
- Live preview of the sharing design at the backend.
- Six different design layouts to choose from.
- Easy user settings with the intuitive settings panel.
4. Akismet Anti-Spam:
If you don’t have any countermeasures for your blogs against spams, chances are, your blogs will be already filled with them. The spam can contaminate your website and backend files through various comments or contact form submissions from the users. To reduce them, you can use the Akismet plugin which is one of the best plugins for blogs to deal with spams.
It is an anti-spam plugin which examines all your comments and contact form submissions to find any sort of harmful contents. It automatically analyzes the website and drops out the contents that might occur as spam.
- Extremely easy backup and restore processes.
- Status history for each comment to view where the spam was found.
- Moderators can view the number of spam comments from each user.
- Discard features that block the worst spam to save the storage.
- Fast performance that saves a lot of time.
Jetpack is probably one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to effortlessly manage your blog website. Developed by Automattic, which includes the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack also provides you with various site statistics. With it, you can keep a track of the visitors or readers you get on your blogs and work out the ways to increase them even more.
This plugin also helps in spam filtering, malware scanning, and brute force attack protection. So, unwanted intrusions are prevented in your website through it. Therefore, your blogs will also be in safe hands.
- Powerful customization tools for the design you desire.
- Faster mobile experience with lazy image loading.
- SEO tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook and WordPress.com.
- Top-Notch security with brute force attack protection and spam filtering.
- Ability to manage multiple websites from one dashboard.
One of the most common methods of monetizing a blog is with the help of affiliate links. To use them in the most efficient way, you will need to cloak them. For this, ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to cloak them.
You can easily cloak the affiliate links and use them on your blogs with the help of this simple blog plugin for WordPress. This plugin creates a new cloak link or a short link and redirects it to the unnecessary long affiliate link. You can also assign different categories to the links so that it’s easier to manage them as well.
- Easy setup and interface to save you a lot of time.
- Option to group your affiliate links into different categories.
- Multiple safe redirect options like 301, 302, or even 307.
- Availability to add an image to the affiliate links.
- Built-in reports and statistics of affiliate links.
7. User Registration:
In most blogs, people tend to add new registration or login options for users. This also increases the interaction between the blogger and the readers. The logged-in users can explore and use more features of the website such as react and comment to posts.
User Registration plugin is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs if you want to add registration and login options to your blog. It’s also one of the easiest to use as it has a fully user friendly drag and drop interface. You can even use it’s huge range of extensions to increase the functionality of your blogs too.
- Multiple design styles for forms.
- Auto-login after registration to save your time.
- WordPress dashboard access based on the assigned roles.
- Admin approval for registration.
- Show/Hide label option in each field.
One of the easiest ways to increase interaction with your users is by adding the comment section. To add the comments section, you can simply use a plugin and wpDiscuz is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
This plugin is quite fast and responsive and packed with a lot of exciting features. You can also disable or enable the comments depending upon your blog post. It also has comment list sorting where readers can view the comments according to the newest, oldest or most voted comments.
- Multilevel comment threads for detailed discussions.
- Anonymous comments without names and emails.
- Full integration with Social Media Login systems.
- Different date formats for the comments.
- Clean, simple and responsive design.
Even if you have installed security plugins and systems for your blog, your blog might be still vulnerable. It can still get hacked or crashed due to certain unfortunate malwares. In cases like these you will need a backup plugin and UpdraftPlus is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs for it.
You can backup your contents using UpdraftPlus in the cloud databases like Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, iCloud and more. Then, you can click on restore to obtain it again with just a single click. You can also backup your contents to more than one cloud services using this plugin with scheduled automatic backups.
- Automatic scheduled backup for your contents.
- Use fewer server resources for faster processing.
- Enables you to back up your contents on multiple cloud services.
- Easily duplicate or migrate websites with the help of Migrator.
- Free dedicated expert support.
10. NextGen Gallery:
In some blogs, the content is mostly filled with texts which might look dull and boring. To improve your blog design and make it more attractive, a WordPress gallery plugin can be helpful. So, NextGEN Gallery can be used as one of the WordPress blog plugins for your gallery.
It has all the features and elements that you’ll ever need on your blog gallery and can be easily used. This plugin can also be powerful enough for many types of galleries to be enlisted on your website. The two main types of gallery styles that it offers are slideshow galleries and thumbnail galleries.
- Compact and List Albums.
- Thumbnail and Slideshow Gallery.
- Shortcode Options for more extendability.
- Batch Upload Photos.
- Import Metadata for images.
While creating a blog, you will also need to add the images on your blog page itself. After some time, you will have written a lot of blogs and if you don’t compress the images, it will take a ton of space for a blog. This can also affect the site speed.
To help you compress your images on your blogs, you can use Smush plugin. It is an image optimization plugin which can also be one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs. This plugin can really help you optimize your blog images and at the same time maintain their quality too.
- Compress the images without the reduction in quality.
- You can also resize the images with specific height and width.
- Bulk image compression with upto 50 images at a time.
- Incorrect Image Size Detection to locate images slowing the site speed.
- View Smush image stats directly in image blocks.
12. WP Super Cache:
A good caching plugin can also reduce the loading time of your blogs by a wide range. For this, WP Super Cache is one of the best WordPress blog plugins for cache. It generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blogs and serves those files instead of the heavier WordPress PHP scripts.
This plugin also serves cached files in 3 different ways such as Expert, Simple, and WP-Cache caching. They are both ranked by speed and you can even choose the simple method if you’re not comfortable with editing PHP files.
- Multiple caching methods for user satisfaction.
- Doesn’t cache pages for known users.
- Availability of Garbage Collection option to clean outdated cache files.
- Cache rebuild and CDN Support.
- Extra homepage checks.
Blogs are also used to promote and sell products. And if you need to sell products through your blog too, WooCommerce will be perfect for you. It can really be one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to sell a product.
This plugin has all the features and elements that you will ever need on your blog to sell a product. You can easily set up WooCommerce on your WordPress blog and start selling immediately. It can even be improved according to your additional needs with its vast selection of extensions.
- Easily set up a store or sell a product with just a few clicks.
- Provides their own user accounts pages for smooth transactions.
- Flexible and secured payments with multiple gateways.
- Fully responsive which enables you to manage the orders from your mobile.
- Excellent support and documentation to help you anytime.
Email marketing is also one of the major ways through which you can grow your blogs. To help you with it, Mailchimp is the best WordPress plugin for blogs.
It is one of the most popular email marketing plugins in WordPress and can manage subscribers, send emails, and track results in bulk. This plugin enables you to easily add more subscribers to your email. It can also seamlessly integrate with all the major plugins of WordPress so that you won’t have any problems while using it.
- User-friendly interface to use it without any difficulties.
- Translation ready plugin which can be presented in any language.
- Availability to modify the plugin with code snippets.
- Multiple extensions to increase the functionality.
- Awesome support and well documented.
15. Ajax Search Lite:
A blog needs to have an excellent user interface to help the readers search for a particular content too. In this case, a search plugin like Ajax Search Lite can contribute a lot. It is one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs to help your readers search for topics.
This plugin is much better than the default search bar as it also provides category and post type filters on the search bar. It is also designed in such a way that it ensures smooth animation throughout your blog when your readers use the search bars.
- Supports custom post types and field types.
- Automation search replacement options.
- Widget and shortcode friendly.
- Shows images in the search results too.
- Frontend search settings boxes.
Also read: 20 Best Money Making Apps That Pay You Cash
Using newsletters on your blog is also one of the great ways to gather more readers as well as keep your current users engaged. For this, you can use the Newsletter plugin. As the name suggests itself, it is one of the best WordPress blog plugins for newsletters.
It has an easy to use drag and drop composer to build newsletters. You can build unlimited amounts of newsletters with it and the plugin will also track them and provide stats for it.
- Easy to use drag and drop composer.
- Unlimited subscribers and newsletters with statistics and tracking
- Subscription spam check with Akismet and captcha.
- Delivery speed fine control starting from 12 emails per hour.
- WPML and translation ready.
Installing a page builder plugin can be helpful for not only a WordPress blog, but for any WordPress website. And if you have spent a fraction of time with WordPress, you might know that Elementor is one of the popular page builders. Furthermore, it can be even one of the best plugins for blogs.
You can get used to using this plugin very quickly and modify any part of your blog within minutes. It has an excellent drag and drop interface through which you can effortlessly make any changes you need for your blogs.
- Easy to use drag and drop interface.
- Highly customizable design options for your blogs.
- Fully responsive design and accessible on any mobile devices.
- Undo and redo action along with revision history.
- Built in maintenance mode for special circumstances.
18. CSS Hero:
There are many WordPress blog themes to choose for your blog. Even though you might find a perfect theme for your blog, you might want to customize it later. For that, CSS Hero can be one of the best WordPress plugins for blogs.
This plugin enables you to make changes to the theme which results in changes to your blog website with just a point and click interface. It lets you do so without using any codes which can help you save a lot of your time.
- Options to customize font styles and typography.
- Multiple color management and adjustment functions.
- Availability to style login pages with ease.
- Device specific edits with device mode previews.
- Compatible with all the major WordPress plugins.
19. Co-Authors Plus:
If your blog has multiple authors, there might be a situation where more than one author works on a single post. On conditions that it occurs, you will need a plugin to present them as co-authors for a single post. Hence, Co-Author Plus is one of the best WordPress blog plugins to manage author names for the particular blog post.
This plugin enables you to assign multiple bylines to posts, pages, and custom post types. The co-authors assigned are also allowed to edit the posts they are associated with the help of this plugin.
- Assign multiple bylines to posts, pages, and custom post types.
- Easy to use interface to help you quickly add the co-authors.
- Can be activated with WordPress multisite.
- Availability of template tags to list co-authors.
- Option to disable guest authors whenever necessary.
20. Popup Maker
Your blog can either be just a blog website or can be included as a blog on any other type of website. Either way, the header section or specific popups are one of the first things that the readers notice. So, adding a Popup Maker plugin can really help the readers get hooked on your blog.
Popup Maker is one of the best blog plugins that allows you to create any type of popup you like and lets you display anywhere on your blogs. Here, you can list the links to the latest published post or any other interesting areas of your blogs to keep the readers more engaged.
- Fully responsive design suitable for any mobile devices.
- Opt-in form popups, slide out pop ups, banner bars, and many more.
- Compatible with major WordPress plugins.
- Dictate frequency at which the user sees the popups.
- Auto open triggers to set a timed delay.
Read also: How to Add Google Ads to your WordPress blog
These were some of the best WordPress plugins for blogs that we have gathered.
We hope that you use the ones that you need to get the best results for your blogs. However, we encourage you to not use all the plugins at once as all of them are not entirely necessary for your blogs. Using all of them at once might increase the load on your blog website and make it even slower.
Leave a comment below if you have any problem installing the plugin or setup.